Extra conditional options

Yes, I know the conditional fields are still a beta feature. But that’s exatly why it would be better to improve them before final release eh? :slight_smile:

So far, there are FOUR options of actions
Hide
Show
Make Obligatory
Make Optional

I suggest two extra options: FREEZE and UNFREEZE fields (or other name, important here is what happens)

Sometimes you want the user to be able to SEE the record, but not to CHANGE it.

Let’s say someone asks for computer assistance. He will fill a form describing the problem, etc. And will forward it to IT Support., changing the status.

IT Support should be able to see everything the person asking assistance wrote. But they should NOT be able to change it. Thus, based on STATUS, the previous fields (which must be shown to IT Support) should be frozen to edit. Unless IT Support RETURNS the form asking for more details, then those fields are unfrozen.

Freezing and unfreezing (as well as hiding or showing) fields should also be based on USER and/or ROLE seeing the record.

So one would be able to say that fields are FROZEN to anyone but the SuperAdministrator role AND/OR user that created the record.

Another useful example would be to be able to MATCH condition of USER FIELD to USER SEEING the record.

So let’s say I create a Compliance Record. I select a user or a role (director) as Approval Authority.

Only Directors or the one that I selected can approve (change status) of the record. The field should be hidden or frozen

if

Approval Authority Field
<>
Current User

PS: the User Field documentation says you can use it to define who has access to the process. I don´t see exactly how however, since it doesn´t block other users with access to the table from editing the record

Since it’s an automatically defined list of all users on your account, you can use this field to assign tasks for each user and control who has access to each process.

Basically the User field let you choose a user and link to a record.

For example:

• In a “Bug tracker” flow, it can be used to assign which software developer is the owner to solve the bug.